Thursday, January 12, 2006

First post for my mom!

This is my first post , and this one is for my mother who brought me into this world. I wrote a poem for her, while returning from home. This was the first time after my marriage, I had visited home. I hadn't been home in 12 months, and it was the longest period I had stayed away from the unconditional love that parents shower unto you.

11/12/2005
14:00 hrs.

I have asked you not to cry
As you wave me goodbye.
Yet you falter and your voice wavers
When you ask me if there is something else I need

I need you mother, I need you to be happy
I need you to know that I can take care of myself
Yet I do not have the will or strength
To detach myself from your warm embrace
I have to leave you mother because
I am torn apart between the two lives
One that of a daughter, and the other of a wife.

Warm Tears trickle down my face
My heart aches for you
Creases on your face reflect the worries you have faced
ensuring our comfort
Age has put a toll on your limbs
Many a times I have woken up at night hearing you groan in pain
And yet you pretend to be alright.

I just wish that I could endure all this for you
I just wish that I could be your mother for once!

********************************************************************************

BlogAdda thank you for - http://blog.blogadda.com/2010/05/05/mothers-day-tribute-to-your-mom-contest

********************************************************************************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Readers Dais said...

could feel your pain for your mother in these words

Er. said...

Awesome poem! Specially the last lines! :) Well written.

-
PS: http://tiny.cc/10fuckups - 10 ways to live life!